It is now possible to upload EMB and DST files and apply them directly to Products in the App. These files will then be accurately previewed, and the file adjusted based on any scale or positional changes. It is also possible to add Embroidered Text personalisation to the design to produce a single EMB / DST.
Important Note: This article is written on the presumption that the user has a good understanding of the product creation processes and setup requirements.
THE TECHNICAL BIT:
There is limited compatibility with advanced Image Area features/options on CPP. It is recommended that you use only the basic Move, Rotate and Scale functionality.
Your company account on CPP must be set to deliver EMB or DST files (this has to be set by Gateway staff - please contact email@example.com
Generated stitch files will incur a standard rate file creation charge of £0.50 per EMB/DST for pre-digitized content.
What are the benefits of uploading EMB / DST files?
- No 'Autodigitization' costs (standard file generation costs still apply).
- You can upload all of your stitch files to a Gallery (or multiple Galleries on CPP). This allows your embroidery designs to be used across all of your Product range!
- You can edit designs in the App! This includes moving, rotating, scaling - and adding text personalisation to compliment your existing EMB / DST file.
**Creator's Top Tip: Set up a Product Selector to use the gallery of embroidery designs across multiple products within a single iFrame!
Which is a better upload format, EMB or DST?
Generally we advise that users upload EMB files where possible. An EMB file is Wilcom's native 'all-in-one' stitch format. It is becoming increasingly popular format due to its unrivalled stitch processor, true object based design and stitch quality. Everything is saved in the one file – stitches, colours / colour sequence information, production instructions, design outlines. This essentially means uploaded EMB's preview in the App with the relevant colour design elements, and is then delivered as an Output file with the same information.
Why are there costs involved if I already have the files?
There are 3 processes that occur when EMB / DST files are supplied and used within the App;
1) The TrueView embroidery image of the design has to be retrieved so that the file can be effectively previewed within the App.
2) The embroidery files have to be altered to fit the size of the personalisation area that they are being applied to. This is what allows you to use the same, single size design across multiple products with varying sized personalisation areas. This also allows the files to be edited in scale, angle and position interactively by end users.
3) The selected EMB/DST file can be merged with any input text within the same Print Area to deliver a single, merged embroidery file.
I WANT IT - TELL ME HOW!
The setup requirements are very simple.
1. CREATE YOUR GALLERY
Add a new gallery via the Personalise-iT menu > Image Galleries on CPP. Upload all of your EMB / DST files:
2. CREATE YOUR PRODUCT / SET IMAGE AREA REQUIREMENTS
Set up your Products. Make sure the Image Area that will be used for EMB/DST upload is set to Render Delegate > Embroidery. It is advised that all Image Areas being used for embroidery should have the 'Fit Mode' set to 'Largest Side (Contain)' to avoid any undesirable cropping.
The Image Area should then be linked to the appropriate EMB/DST gallery via the dropdown menu. These settings can be seen in the following screenshot:
3. GENERATE A URL AND REVIEW THE PREVIEW IN THE APP
In Smartlink Builder, select ACP3 > set your company > in step 7.eCommerce select the Unbranded Point of Sale option. This will allow you to put through test orders from the App to deliver files in Order Manager / Lite.
Once the App opens, the gallery of embroidery designs will be available for selection from the Add Image Menu. Adding to Cart allows you to put through test orders from the App to deliver files in Order Manager / Lite).
4. RETRIEVE THE FILE AND REVIEW
Depending on subscription type, access Order Manager Lite or full Order Manager to retrieve the order/stitch file. Any configured Text Areas will be delivered as a single merged embroidery file with the selected EMB/DST.
Here is the interactive Product Example showing the EMB/DST gallery - http://app.gateway3d.com/acp/app/?l=acp3#p=1188110&r=2d-canvas