It is now possible to create your own Custom Fonts to be added to your own Font Group on the CPP. These can be hand-drawn or digitally designed - the choice is yours! All we need is the TTF or OTF file.
Here is the process in 3 simple steps:
1. You can create your own custom font files via specialist font creation software, or by using free online tools such as PaintFont.com - be sure to give your custom font an appropriate name when you create it!
Important Note: Please test your custom font to ensure you are happy with it before requesting upload to the CPP - any uploads to CPP are non refundable.
2. Once you have created your TTF / OTF font file, send them via email to email@example.com - this will automatically generate a Support Ticket in our ticketing system. Please address the email to the 'CREATORS'. This will ensure that the request is passed to the appropriate department and addressed as soon as possible.
Important Note: In some cases it may be necessary for us to alter the Font Names to avoid duplicate names etc...
3. We will add the font to your own CPP Font Group so that you have exclusive access to the fonts that you create. Once added, we will update you via the Ticketing Sytem.
- Custom Font uploads to the CPP are chargeable at a rate of £25 GBP each.
- The User has sole responsibility for the Custom Fonts that they create and should have the necessary permissions and usage rights. We do not claim any rights or responsibility for user created Fonts. Users are advised to respect copyright law and font licensing agreements.
- Custom Fonts will be made private so that you have exclusive access to them on the CPP.
- Gateway3D reserves the right to remove any Custom Fonts without prior notice.
- Gateway3D cannot guarantee that all fonts will be fully compatible across all App versions.
- Gateway3D takes no responsibility for the quality of the fonts that you create.
Example Custom Font
Here is an example of a simple Hand written font style created using a free online font creation tool (Paintfont.com) This particular Font was created using a Graphics Tablet.
The Font was then generated and added to the CPP. Check the following link to see the Font in action in our App!
What font format is needed?
We need TTF / OTF
What are the limitations of free online font creation tools?
Free online solutions such as PaintFont.com use a raster image as a base and output a vector font based on that. Raster images are made of pixels and therefore it may not be possible to achieve high precision accuracy and crisp lines using this method.
What are the advantages of using a free online tool?
They are very fast and easy to use. Specialist font creation software will always produce higher quality results but in general will require software knowledge and more time to create.
How do you use the free online tool(s)?
Gateway3D does not provide dedicated support for third party software. All instructions and relevant information should be on the websites. We have used PaintFont.com to generate fonts in-house so advise using this as the instructions are easy to follow.