As the name suggests a no preview product is a customisable product that does not have a live preview - it is most commonly used for text personalisation of a set design or for simple engraving
To add a No Preview product to the Gateway CPP you can either create individually or we can import for you from a spreadsheet
To create individually please follow these steps:
- Log in to https://cpp-v1.custom-gateway.net with the credentials provided
- Navigate to Product Management & click the icon below Category: to choose the folder that your new product will reside in.
- Click + against any product & choose 'Duplicate' from the dropdown, top right, then choose a destination category for your new product - This must be a folder you have write (W) access to. If the base data for your products already exists from an import (recommended) then you can bypass this stage & just choose edit against your chosen product to amend/add your personalisation options
- Choose 'Text Areas' from the menu on the left hand side & you'll be presented with either the existing personalisation or the option to add a new text area.
- Click 'New' to add a text area & complete the Name, Char Limit, User Input Enabled & Is Required fields where appropriate to create a free text field (ignore the red warning message)
- To add a dropdown multi select field complete as above, but the Char Limit should be omitted & Options added one below the other for each product option required.
- To add a datepicker field, complete as above, but choose Datepicker as a Type & add your chosen format that the data should be received with the order i.e dd/mm/yyyy - This list should help to determine the formats available
- d - day of month (no leading zero)
- dd - day of month (two digit)
- o - day of the year (no leading zeros)
- oo - day of the year (three digit)
- D - day name short
- DD - day name long
- m - month of year (no leading zero)
- mm - month of year (two digit)
- M - month name short
- MM - month name long
- y - year (two digit)
- yy - year (four digit)
- Ensure you hit save as you add each one
No preview products are displayed using the No Preview Personalise-it App - Example below
If you navigate to Smartlink Builder in the left hand menu & Click 'Open' you'll be able to load up the iframe in your browser to check how customers will interact & place orders online.
it won't load without a valid callback URL, which the Personalise-iT module will add automatically
This will just display the text boxes in an iframe so they can be added to any webpage easily - you can also use the delayed preview option to pass the text to these fields from other websites without displaying
When the user clicks 'Add to Cart' it will create a print job as per normal. User text etc can then be viewed from the print manager. Artwork will also be generated as per normal if a corresponding order is created.
A custom CSS stylesheet can be used in the same way as ACP2 to style the text boxes in the iFrame
The following import sheet can also be used to add products in bulk
The following document will help with understanding the requirements of this
Once complete the table should be saved and emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to allow us to import it for you