Gateway CPP offers you the ability to generate a CSV file from a category within its system
This CSV is designed to go directly into your Personalise-iT magento site
The first step is to log into your Gateway CPP admin contol panel at https://my.gateway3d.com/acp/
Then follow these steps to get your CSV file:-
1) Make sure you are on the "Product Management" section.
2) Search for the Category you would like to export using the advanced search form in the top left.
3) At the top of the screen there will be a dropdown for "Category Actions" from this list select "Export Personalise-iT CSV"
4) This will drop down a further menu of customisable options
- Company (select the company who will be printing / fulfilling for you)
- Gallery (if you have image galleries set up you can add them to your links here)
- Tier Price Markup (will allow you to add a markup to any cost prices 1.00 = cost price / 2.00 = 100% markup etc etc)
Once completed click "OK" and your CSV will be generated
PLEASE NOTE CSV FILES WERE POSSIBLE SHOULD NOT BE OPENED IN MICROSOFT EXCEL AS THIS CAN CAUSE DAMAGE - THE BEST PROGRAMS ARE OPEN OFFICE (WHICH IS FREE AND OPEN SOURCE ONLINE) AND LIBRE OFFICE.
The images generated are links and will require you to have the "External Images Extension" if you do not have this the images will need to be replaced with actual files.
To import the generated file you need to log into your Magento Site Admin Panel and : -
1) Navigate to
SYSTEM > IMPORT / EXPORT > DATAFLOW PROFILES
2) From the list available select "Import All Products"
3) On the left go to the "Upload File" tab
4) Upload the generated CSV and press "Save and Continue Edit" in the top right
5) Go to "Run Profile" on the left
6) Locate the correct file name in the dropdown list (should be last as the list is timestamped)
7) Press "Run Profile"
8) This will open as a popup and run through the import - at the end it will reindex
DURING THIS STEP DO NOT CLOSE THE WINDOW OR IN ANY WAY TRY TO STOP THE PROCESS AS THIS COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO DATA
- if you need to import Tier Pricing these need to be raised as a support ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, while the CSV will contain these the profile will not import them.
- If your products do not appear on the site after being categorized some versions of magento will require you to explicitly add them to a website
1) go to CATALOG > MANAGE PRODUCTS
2) using the check boxes select all of the products you imported
3) In the top right dropdown select "change attributes"
4) in the page that open go to the "Websites" tab and tick the checkbox under "Add to"
5) Submit and recheck