Content Management System (CMS) pages are static pages such as your Homepage, About Us and Customer Service pages that provide information about the web store and are managed through the Backend panel. CMS Pages are full pages that are available via their own URL addresses. Static Blocks are sections of code or graphics that can be referenced inside CMS pages as well as Category landing pages. They are page elements that can be reused and referenced throughout your site. The following example shows how to create a new page in Magento CE and then how to create a link to it from your store footer.
To add a CMS page:
1. Select CMS > Pages to display the list of currently defined CMS pages.
2. Click the Add New Page button on the top right of the page to display the New Page, as shown below
3. In the Page Title field, specify the words to appear in the browser’s title bar.
4. In the URL Key field, specify the unique identifier to be used in the URL. It must contain all lower case letters and no spaces. The following example uses
5. Leave the default value in the Store View field.
6. In the Status field, select Enabled.
7. Click Content in the left navigation bar. Use the WYSIWIG editor to define the content for this page.
8. Click Design in the left navigation bar to open the design options, as shown below
9. Click the Layout field and then select one of the following options:
Empty: Shows the content of an empty page with no header, footer or side bars.
1 Column: Displays all the content entered in a single central column with aheader and footer.
2 Columns with left/right bar: Displays all the content entered on the page with a header, footer and left/right bar.
3 columns: Displays both the left and right columns from the design package with the content shown between.
10. Click Save Page. You can now open a browser and browse to this Landing page. The URL is taken from the value that you specified for URL Key, as described above. For example: /our_history is added to the web store’s URL.
11. The following steps show how to add a link to this page from the frontend’s footer.Select CMS > Static Blocks option to display the list of existing Static Blocks.
12. Click on the Footer Links row to display the definition of the frontend’s footer.
13. In the Content field, use the WYSIWYG editor to add a link to the new page. You can do this by pressing ENTER after one of the existing links, typing the link text, selecting this text, and clicking the Link icon (chain). Use the Insert/Edit Link dialog box to specify the link attributes, as shown in Figure 172.
The footer of the frontend now appears as shown