As part of the PERSONALISE-iT App Embed Extension we provide you with a modified Magento import script (via Advanced / All Products)
The Product Management feature in the Gateway 3D ACP enables you to create an export from your personalised products that will import directly into your product database using the above routine
The export pulls its information from the Gateway 3D product database - except for the first 4 fields where we add a default value - but you may need to update manually if you are using a non standard Magento install or perhaps delete if you are using another ecommerce package
- store: a fixed value of “admin”, or the individual store-view code if you’re importing to a specific store
- websites: a comma separated list (no spaces!) of website codes - usually just “base”
- attribute_set: “Default”, unless you know about attribute sets and you have created different ones
- type: “simple”, unless you know about creating “grouped” or “configurable” products
All the other fields are created from the database or always a default value
- categories: a comma separated list, with spaces allowed, of category paths, starting from the top level category - eg. “Mugs/Branded, Gifts” would put the product in the ‘Branded’ subcategory under the top level ‘Mugs’ category, and also in the top level ‘Gifts’ category. If a category does not exist, the product will not be imported.
- sku: your product SKU - this is not the manufacturers SKU for the product but what you use yourself
- related_link_data: related products, as a comma-separated list of SKUs (you may need to import twice initially, in case one of these related products is further down in the CSV, and doesn’t exist when you initially import a product)
- has_options: set this to ‘1’ by default
- name: the product name, displayed on the catalog
- image: the filename of an image including a “/” at the start, which must be stored in the media/import folder - eg. “/football-boots.jpg”. Be sure to get the exact filename including upper/lower case.
- small_image: same as ‘image’ - you can use the same picture
- thumbnail: same as ‘image’ - you can use the same picture
- price: the base price, not including tax or currency symbol
- weight: set this to “0” unless you’re using product weights
- status: “Enabled” or “Disabled”
- tax_class_id: the tax class you’re using for this product - eg. “Taxable Goods” or whatever you’ve set up.
- visibility: one of “None”, “Catalog”, “Search”, “Catalog, Search”
- description: the main description shown to users. This is treated as follows:
it can contain HTML tags
if it doesn’t contain any <p> or <div> tags, then all double line breaks are treated as a paragraph break ( </p><p> ), and single line breaks as a line break (<br>), and the whole description is then wrapped in a paragraph tag ( <p>...</p> )
if it does contain <p> or <div>, then it is not modified atall.
- short_description: generally not used, but the product editor won’t let you save products with a blank short description - try just setting it to a single dot, “.”
- supplier: an optional code for the supplier, which can be used in the product view code to show for example a ‘preview’ or ‘personalise’ button
To import go to System / Import/Export / Dataflow - Profiles / Import All Products